Monday, November 22, 2010

Second Pencast for the SciPlay Project

After Kelli created the pencast below for our students to use for the first part of their next SciPlay Project, it was my turn. If you click below, you can watch me write (and haltingly talk my way through) a scene about Rosalind Franklin, a scientist who played a key role in understanding DNA -- and who was unheralded at the time of her discovery. (FYI, she also wasn't included in the Nobel Prize that other DNA-discovering scientists shared, as she had tragically died at the age of 37 by the time it was given out. Nobels don't go out posthumously.)

I have to say, talking and writing was a big challenge for me. I'm really used to just writing (I've written about 30 plays). But I did my best for a first try -- and I hope I'll get better!

Here's the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment